Meals were provided in 2017
Aftercare meals provided for 507 families, this includes paper and housing products.
Nights of shelter in 2017
34 children were provided with Christmas gifts
100% of those who finished the program found apartments
Services the Genesis House Provides to children, single adults, and families:
- Safe, temporary housing to the homeless (Participants)
- Information and referrals to outside agencies
- Mentoring for guests through their stays
- Help residents to discover what brought them to Genesis House and move them towards the steps they must take to regain their independence
- Together the residents and staff provide nutritious meals
- Contacts and support for past residents through our Aftercare Programs after the family leaves the residence
- A volunteer physician who provides medical support for those who do not have insurance
- Case management even after residents leave Genesis House
- Encouragement for residents to explore the various faith resources available to them within our community
- An advocate for doctor visits, county appointments, etc.
- All participants who complete our program obtain safe affordable housing, mental health counselling, medical care, addiction assessment, children placed back in school, assistance furnishing their new home and so much more
" I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good,therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again"
- Stephen Grellet